On Friday, February 18, 2011, I had to wonderful pleasure of having John Anealio (@JohnAnealio) sit down with me for a live interview on the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show, over at The Force 925 (@TheForce925).
If you are still not familiar with John, he is a musician, formally featured independent musician here on Geeky Pleasures, blogger, he does GeekDad guitar lessons over at Wired‘s GeekDad and he is one of the host of The Function Nerds podcast.
Also, today is his birthday! So why don’t you wish John a happy birthday!
- This is another one of those interviews, which is now being termed a “chatterview” by one of my listeners, as it is two friends sitting down to a virtual cup of coffee and just talking.
- The interview is very organic. As a result, it is difficult to say what we discussed. Organic is a theme throughout the interview. However, I will still attempt to give some highlights.
- Things discussed include: What John does, both online and in real life; How his gig at GeekDad came about; How the Functional Nerds podcast came about; Song writing; Finding your niche; Finding inspiration and motivation; Unicorn Pegasus Kitten; Building relationships and contacts; Balancing private and public life; Surviving the trolls; Geeked out about scifi movies and tv, fantasy vs science fiction, technology; Twitter, friendships and online community; final tips for online content creators.
- There was a general discussions throughout about having an online “brand”, making connections, organic growth and navigating it all without becoming overwhelmed by many things. Plus some excellent gems for musicians who are trying the new marketting model to distribute their music.
- Songs included in the podcast are Blue Lego (Steve Jobs Hates Flash) and Unicorn Pegasus Kitten.
- At the beginning of the podcast, you will hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott).
- There is some NSFW language.
- We were experiencing some server issues, so there are some slight glitches near the end.
- Time: 2 hours 33 minues 52 seconds
- Size: 140 MB
- Format: mp3, 128 kbps 44.1 khz stereo
I think this interview is a must listen for anyone doing online content creation, especially musicians.
To download, ‘right click save as’ this link.
Alternatively, you can listen below. If you are viewing this post in an RSS reader, you’ll need to visit the site in order to stream.
I hope you enjoy!