On Friday, July 29, 2011, I had the absolute pleasure of having Mad TV alum, author of The Brain Eater’s Bible and geek, Pat Kilbane (@TVsPatKilbane) sit down with me on the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show, over at The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247).
This interview/chatterview is my longest one to date. At many times, I forgot that we had people listening to the conversation. The conversation is very candid. I think it is safe to say that this is my most candid interview to date. Also, I think this interview is a must listen for creative types, especially if you are a self-publisher/ use new marketing models.
If you missed the interview, have no fear. You’ll find it below. But first, the show notes.
- There is some crackling every now and then due to new tech set-up, which I describe as “garbly-goop”.
- Things discussed during the interview include: Pat’s beginnings in Ohio and his degree in French; Language, profanity and culture; His start in stand-up comedy and move to Hollywood; Seinfeld, commercials, Mad TV and Saturday Night Live; Doing accents and impressions; More talk about profanity and venacular; Many things that are The Brain Eater’s Bible; Geek culture and pandering to it; Following your passions; Geeky Pleasures and the hows, whats and whys (notifce my screw-up re: the site’s birthday); Navigating, surviving and succeeding in the creative/ entertainment industry; Science fiction and fantasy, and the things we love and hate to see in movies and books; Hollywood and ego, and keeping grounded; The act of creating; Self-erected barriers, baggage and fear, and overcoming them; and then we wrapped things up with some shameless self-promotion.
- At the beginning of the interview, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott).
- There is some NSFW language.
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo.
- The size is 189 MB
- The length is 3 hours 26 minutes 50 seconds.
- To download it, right-click save as this link. Alternatively, you can stream it below. If you are viewing this post in an RSS reader, you’ll need to visit the site in order to listen.
I hope you enjoy!