If you missed the interview, don’t worry. The interview is available below for your downloading and listening pleasure. But first, the show notes.
- There is some mic crackling about 1 hr and 6 minutes in. It got sorted fairly quickly.
- Things we discussed during the interview include: What John does and his upcoming game; Sport, Canadian stereotypes, and prostitutes; A brief history of Apples to Apples — expanded on later — and Kobolds Ate My Baby; John’s start, having a career and being successful in a creative profession; Using conventions to network; Attempting to avoid fanboy moments when one works in the industry; The changing face of geekdom; Some turnabout on FASA Star Trek: The Role Playing Game designer Guy McLimore, with some news about another Dork Tower book; Crowdfunding and what makes a good campaign; Using Dork Tower to make social commentary and tackle issues; Time management when working in the geek entertainment world, learning how to say “no,” and the importance of making time for a non-work-related hobby; Munchkin and TableTop; Being a geeky parent; Creativity and mental health/ mental illness; Dream project; Conventions at which you can bump into John this year; and secret project teasers.
- There is some NSFW language
- At the beginning of the interview, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott)
- The length of the interview is 2 hours 29 minutes 30 seconds
- The size is 136 MB
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo
- To download the interview, right click save as this link.
Here is that John doodled and mentions in the conversation:
Alternatively, you can stream it below. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you may need to visit the site in order to stream it.