On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, I sat down to have a conversation with Courtney Fortune and Alex Nahai who comprise former featured independent band Two Tribes (@TwoTribesMusic). The interview aired during the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show at The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247) on May 25, 2012.
I had a lot of fun talking with them. If you missed the interview, have no fears. The interview is available below for your downloading and listening pleasure. If you are a musician, I think this interview with be of special interest to you. But first, the show notes.
- Things we discussed during the interview include: How they met and why they decided to collaberate and form Two Tribes; Why electronic music; Madly, Rock Band 3 and Red Cross Relief; The upcoming album and the writing and producing process; Music snobbery and “guilty” pleasures; Clash of the musical genres; The inner critic; Distribution models and social media; Programs and equipment used for production, and process; More on the song writing process; What’s coming up, including their live show, and more.
- There is some NSFW language.
- At the beginning of the interview, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott)
- The length of the interview is 1 hours 27 minutes 51 seconds
- The size is 80.4 MB
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo
- To download the interview, right click save as this link.
Alternatively, you can stream it below. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you may need to visit the site in order to stream it.