On Wednesday, May 18, 2011, I had the pleasure of sitting down with featured independent musician, Marian Call (@mariancall), to pre-record an interview for the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show on The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247). The interview aired Friday, May 20, 2011. Because Marian is so extremely busy at the moment, we didn’t have time to geek-out as I normally do with my guests. However, we did get to discuss a few things that I’ve been exceedingly curious about. Hopefully, you’re curious about them as well.
- Things we discussed in this interview include: Marian’s business model and how she find the energy to tour in the way that she does; we talked a lot about Anchorage, Alaska, and the arts/music scene there; we talked about what it is like to live in Alaska and the accuracy of how the media portrays living there; we talked about the internet business models in general and what makes someone succeed/fail and how does one measure their success; we talked about Marian’s upcoming tour, including her upcoming concert at ThinkGeek headquarters; we discussed her upcoming album release and a few more things.
- At the beginning of the podcast, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Theme Song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott).
- The runtime for the interview is 1 hours 22 minutes and 28 seconds.
- The total size is 75.5 MB.
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 khz, stereo.
- To download, right click save as this link.
- Or you can listen by streaming it below. If you are viewing this post in an RSS reader, you’ll need to visit the site in order to listen.
I hope you enjoy.