On Friday, March 9, 2012, I had the wonderful pleasure of having New York Times bestselling author, Tobias Buckell (@tobiasbuckell), join me for a chat on the Geeky Pleasure Radio Show at The Look 24/7 (@TheLook247).
If you were unable to tune-in live, have no fear. The interview is available below for you downloading and streaming pleasures.
But first, the show notes:
- I’m not exactly sure why, but during the interview, it sounds like I was saying Anita instead of Anika.
- Things we discussed during the interview include: Tobias’ background; Tobias’ writing style and technique; All things Arctic Rising including the action and explosions, the choice of Canada as a location, the characters Anika and Roo, the homages to James Bond, and miscellaneous things about the book; Coming back to writing after taking a break because of health issues; Technology and living in the future; Answered some questions from e-mail; Writing tips; Things Tobias is currently working on; Culture shock and living on the internet.
- There is some NSFW language.
- At the beginning of the interview, you’ll hear the Geeky Pleasures Radio Show theme song by Chris Cogott (@chriscogott)
- The length of the interview is 2 hours 13 minutes 39 seconds
- The size is 122 MB
- The format is mp3, 128 kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo
- To download the interview, right click save as this link.
Alternatively, you can stream it below. If you are viewing this in an RSS reader, you may need to visit the site in order to stream it.
You can read my review of Arctic Rising here. You can purchase Arctic Rising at Indigo Books & Music, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound and Powell’s. You can read the first two chapters at Tor. Plus, check out Tobias’ tour schedule here.